When less is more
This is where I started in 1991 and here you can find a selection of some of the projects I’ve worked on and the people I’ve helped to enhance their performance in English.
- Performance coaching using Zoom and Teams
- Leadership seminars on communication using online technology
- Facilitating large events online
- I have taken the concept of the 1-to-1 lesson in English and combined it with my soft skills experience
- I deliver bespoke classes that incorporate presenting, negotiation and leadership skills
- Another great challenge is how to use English informally
- I’ve focussed in TLNet almost exclusively on 1-to-1 language coaching programmes for Italian entrepreneurs and managers
- A combination of vocabulary and fluency development
- Stimulating discussion topics when the focus is on building skills and confidence beyond business topics
- Group and individual programmes
- Strong focus on authentic content
- Creative personalisation of topics based on client needs
- Lesson log tool to capture new language and typical mistakes
- Integration of online learning
- Flexible course delivery
- Blended programmes for grammar consolidation (distance learning)
- Over 10.000 hours face-to-face teaching
- Design, development and delivery of training for 1000’s of learners
- Intensive group programmes, 1-to-1 and courses abroad (UK, USA, France, Germany)
I gradually learnt that is wasn’t about teaching the programme, the book, the course. It was and is all about listening to the student and teaching them what they don’t know via what they do know.
People I’ve worked with:
Abbott, ALD Automotive, Assolombarda, Banca Fideuram, Bancomat, BT Italia, Bulgari, Confindustria, Edison, Editalia, Elsag Datamat (Finmecanica), Enel, Engineering, ENI Corporate University, Ericsson, FIEG, Fondazione Ugo Bordoni, Fujitsu Siemens, Grandistazioni, Hilton, ICE, Lexmark, Nokia, Oracle, Procter & Gamble, Poste Italiane, Prada, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Ranstad, Reply, Samsung, SASOL, SFC Confindustria, Sirti, Sisal, Techint, Telecom Italia.