Films are not real but they deal with real things and that is why I love using them on training courses.
This is a short presentation from the film The Dilemma, Ron Howard’s 2011 comedy starring Vince Vaughn and Kevin James.
Our two presenters are trying to persuade Dodge Motors to invest in their ideas to create an electric motor with the sound of a classic muscle car.
Watch the video and look out for:
- body language: standing still and then moving
- voice speed and pauses
- the power of three (how many pictures and examples?)
- who is leading the presentation?
- the impact of visuals (and music!)
- who presents what (pathos/impact and logos/the “brain”)?
- how they answer questions
The clip teaches me that 10 times more time needs to go into the planning and preparation than the actual performance!
What do you think?